EMMETSBURG – Iowa Lakes Community College honored several employees during their recent Professional Development seminar held on the Emmetsburg Campus. Employees were recognized for outstanding contributions that were made to Iowa Lakes Community College for the 2017-2018 school year.
Each year employees nominate co-workers who demonstrate outstanding service to Iowa Lakes’ students, faculty or staff. Nominees must be full-time or regular part-time employees with at least three years of service to the college, and winners are selected through a vote by the Supervisory Team.
In addition to the outstanding service awards, Iowa Lakes Community College also recognized employees for their years of service and dedication to the college. Employees recognized during this event have been employed by Iowa Lakes Community College from 10 to 40 years.
The employees honored for outstanding contributions included:
- Michelle Ruble, Associate Professor of Math, Emmetsburg campus
- Laura Hoffman, Grant Writer, Planning & Development office.
- Margaret Gebel, Dining Services Supervisor, Estherville campus
- Amanda Fuhrman, Human Resources Specialist.
- Michael Gengler, Assistant Professor of Wind Energy and Turbine Technology, Estherville campus
- Randy Beernink, Computer Center Director
The employees that received recognition for their dedication and years of service include:
- 10 years: Joe Halstead, Emmetsburg campus; Lori Joachims and Doug Zemler, Estherville campus.
- 15 years: Linda Anderson, Estherville campus; Deb Clark, Spirit Lake campus; Darci Curry, Dianne Hough, Corey Menning, and Mike Schipull,
- Emmetsburg campus; Laura Haburn and Jennie Knudson, Administration.
- 20 years: Lecia Berven, Steve Pelzer, and Jack Vedder, Estherville campus; Barbara Currans, Emmetsburg campus; Bryan Nelson and Julie Penning, Algona campus.
- 25 years: Mike Nichols, Jerry Phillips, and Theresa Umschied, Estherville campus.
- 30 years: Carol Ayres, Estherville campus; Barb Grandstaff, institution-wide.
- 35 years: Randy Beernink, Administration; Bill Lapczenski, Emmetsburg campus.
- 40 years: Peggy Wilson, Administration.
Got news to share? Submit your company, organization or group’s news via email.