The Spencer Family Aquatic Center will open for the season on July 1.
The pool’s opening had been delayed this year due to COVID-19 restrictions and concerns. Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds lifted restrictions on pools last week, allowing cities to decide if and when to open municipal pools to the public.
New guidelines will be in place at the aquatic center, including a 50% bather capacity limit, about 125 people.
Other rules include:
– Required sign-in and sign-out to make contact tracing easier if necessary
– Screening questions prior to entry
– Anyone younger than 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult
– Cleaning at the top of the hour during the 15 minute break
– Groups of 2 to 3 chairs spaced six feet apart throughout the facility
– Recommendation that patrons wear masks while on the deck
– No gatherings on the deck
– Markings to help with social distancing
– No drinking fountains or concessions
View more rules that will be in effect this season at the aquatic center.